All week long the forecast called for rain. All day long. Buckets and buckets of rain. Every day we’d check a bunch of different weather apps, and all of them said the same thing – basically, “you’re going to drown in rain on Saturday, hope you have decent rain boots!”.
But we didn’t have decent rain boots. So we bought some, because many of our weddings in May were rainy and we were tired of scrubbing our shoes clean.
And, just like that, it never rained.
Okay, that’s not true, it did actually rain. But it was at the end of the night when everyone was having a great time inside the tent partying.
This wedding was a dream for so many reasons.
- Mother Nature spared us her fury.
- ALL of the vendors involved were incredible to work with- it was a dream team from start to finish.
- Meghan & Staunton were so laid back and listened to all our suggestions (yay, first look!) to help make the day flow as smoothly as possible.
- Their family & friends were all so kind, helpful, fun, and just so genuinely thrilled to be there.
- Their historic venue (Pharsalia) is also a flower farm so all of the flowers were so fresh and beautiful.
- We’ve seen a LOT of incredible wedding bands in the last 8 years but Three Sheets to the Wind is our new favorite. I mean… Yacht. Rock. Cover. Band. We got to hear STEELY DAN at a wedding reception!
- Schuyler of A Little Party Events was everything a wedding planner should be, and then some.
So, here are our favorite photos from this lovely event full of laughter, tears, and incredible yacht rock jams. Great people, great music, great fun. (full vendor info at the bottom)
Wedding Venue: Pharsalia in Tyro, Virginia
Wedding Planning: A Little Party Events
Catering: L’etoile Catering
Bridal Gown: Monique Lhullier – Bliss
Bridal Shoes: Oscar de la Renta Ambria Beaded Sandal
Groom’s Attire: Custom Navy Tuxedo from Tony the Tailor
Paper designer: Red Clay Paper
Cakes: Cakes by Rachel
Ceremony Music: The Four Seasons String Quartet
Cocktail Hour Music: Early Grove String Band
Reception Band: Three Sheets to the Wind